Hawkins Personnel Group is currently hiring an Accounts Payable Clerk for a great Insurance company in San Antonio. The Accounting Clerk will be responsible for certain tasks in the Accounts Payable department.
- Responsible for keying check requests for vendor invoices, and Underwriting Medical Fees into the Freedom Accounts Payable system. Responsible for keying of journals for department. Responsible for assembling and verifying all journals from the previous day. Assists with balancing of 1099 and Withholding records. Types off-line checks and obtains signatures.
- Audits daily list of Check Requests with name mismatches and investigates any differences.
- Requests outstanding check letters on a timely basis. Sends follow-up letters as needed.
- Reviews daily EFT Reject bank report. Sorts items and sends to CSC for handling. Maintains/updates GLP Agent direct deposit bank information file.
- Updates monthly LOB spreadsheets for Actuarial department.
- Prepares monthly Corporate Planning Committee Charts.
- Assembles and inputs Annual statement notes. Prepares various management reports.
- Keys daily CKRQ checks and commission direct deposit requests into GLP Accounts Payable System, prepares daily bank deposits, balances various suspense accounts.
- Creates / updates Excel spreadsheets and Word files of various complexity.
- Position requires 1-2 years accounting experience, Must have
- Strong PC skills and proficiency in Word/Excel
- Must be able to work required overtime during January, February and March every year and as needed throughout the year.