Hawkins Personnel is currently hiring Assemblers to work for a large manufacturing company in the Austin area. Assemblers will produces components by assembling parts and subassemblies. Assemblers will also be required to prepare for the position by studying assembly instructions, blueprint specifications, and parts lists; gathering parts, subassemblies, tools, and materials.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs basic mechanical assemblies & sub-assemblies.
- Must be able to leak test
- Operates hand and power tools to complete assemblies.
- Reads and interprets work instructions to ensure accuracy of work performed.
- Performs standard testing and minor and major troubleshooting.
- Ensures quality standards are met throughout all steps of the assembly process.
- Cable and Harness assembly experience a plus.
- Ability to read and interpret written information and follow directions.
- Basic mechanical skills and the ability to perform basic and repetitive assembly operations as required.
- General knowledge of operating hand tools, portable power tools, and bench tools.
- Basic computer skills and the ability to operate computer terminals and general software applications.
- Ability to read engineering drawings, schematics, and blue prints
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience
- Some technician coursework and/or AA technical degree or equivalent experience
- 2 + years of experience in a manufacturing / cleanroom environment or a combination of education and experience required
- Experience in helium leak testing, module and sub-assembly testing, and inspection preferred