To safely produce good, quality tubing by operating extrusion lines.
JOB TASKS & DUTIES
1. Perform routine operations required to set up, operate and adjust multiple polyethylene blown film extrusion lines with conveying and winding equipment to produce integral zipper plastic tubing.
2. Work from prescribed production goals and standards, schedules, manuals, detailed specifications, consultations with bag department, shift leadership, maintenance, purchasing and others.
3. Ensure the availability of raw materials and other requirements and requisition needed items.
4. Assist in the selection and training of new team operators.
5. Relieve team members during lunches and breaks and provide technical assistance to others as needed.
6. Work with shift supervisor and team members to establish team production, scrap and quality goals and ensure completion.
7. Perform simple calculations for daily production totals and quality results.
8. Maintain necessary production, quality and equipment records.
9. Ensure quality of product and conformance to extremely close tolerances by auditing various quality tests using a variety of electronic machines and visual inspections.
10. Evaluate extent of deviation from specifications and assist in making decisions to perform correct machine adjustments or shut down line and scrap defective product.
11. Perform routine die changes, changeovers, string – ups, shutdowns and startups.
12. Troubleshoot difficulties in all areas, perform minor mechanical repairs and adjustments and report mechanical or electrical problems to the maintenance department.
13. Use shadowgraph machine, electronic micrometer, chantillon machine, slitter, ruler and various hand tools.
14. Operate electric lift table and pallet jacks.
15. Adhere to company policy as well as prescribed safety rules and regulations.
16. Ensure good housekeeping of work areas and equipment.
17. Fill out skid tickets and move materials as necessary in performance of duties or as directed.
18. Operate up to two inline print presses in conjunction with other machines.
19. Perform routine maintenance and cleaning of print presses.
20. Perform other duties as requested by management.
• Basic understanding of machine operations and adjustments
• Ability to lift 30 pounds, work on feet for 12 hours, climb stairs
• Good technical skills – some background in a mechanical field
• Good attendance and work habits
• Good communication skills
On the job training is provided.
Skillblock classroom and practical training is provided.
The operator will be auditing and checking his/her quality. As a result, they may need to take their line down and request maintenance or other help in order to not produce scrap.