Hawkins Personnel Group is currently hiring a Facilities Maintenance Tech who will be responsible for assisting the Quality Manager and Quality staff with maintaining the SQF Code Standards, GMP Standards and customer-required Product Safety and Quality Standards. Facilities Maintenance Tech will producing product within the customer specification standards by applying preventive actions prior to shipping; developing and maintaining effective communication between QA and production, and working within customer requirements.
JOB TASKS & DUTIES
- Perform facility cleaning duties to augment contracted cleaning services.
- Ensure cleanliness of all surfaces (floors, glass, walls, lights & ceiling) that may be a source of contamination.
- Report need for repairs or additional equipment to supervisor.
- Perform necessary deep cleaning task for compliance to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Safe Quality Food (SQF) standards.
- Document and maintain documentation to standards.
- Clean common production floors areas, plastic coverings and wall surfaces on and along the 1st & 2nd mezzanine(s) or floors, regularly.
- Clean beneath flow racks and keep all open floor area clean and dry.
- Clean shipping dock areas (inside & outside); clear debris and eliminate pest harborage areas along docks, regularly.
- Clean outside parking area and employee break area; including in and around trash compactors and pallet storage areas, regularly.
- Power wash trash receptacles, as scheduled.
- Clean outside near and around silo(s); vacuum resin pellets and pick up and dispose of excess debris.
- Wash silo(s) as needed.
- Clean glass & walls outside of offices located above the production floor.
- Clean machine structures, tents structures, pipes and fixtures.
- Clean vent hoods, removes excessive dust from permanent fixtures in around machines.
- Clean all fixtures, pipes, air hoses, ducts, hoppers, etc., throughout the production plant.
- Inspect fire extinguishers, eyewash stations, emergency lights, and first aid cabinets.
- During Shutdown & PM’s, assist production with deep cleaning machinery & plant beautification.
- Adhere to C-TPAT requirements.
- Lift 40 lbs, bend, stoop, climb and reach in safe manner.
- Operate/use ladders, forklift(s), man-lift(s), and aerial- platform(s) safely.
- Work in high places and tight areas: and use safety harness equipment.
- Facility cleaning experience in an industrial/manufacturing setting, preferred
- Understand and follow equipment manuals.