We are currently hiring a Janitor to help maintain a production area clean at all times. This Janitor will need to be experienced with 5S duties and using custodial equipment and supplies. The company is located in the northwest part of San Antonio and is looking to hire immediately.
- Dust, mop and wax floors.
- Vacuums carpets.
- Cleans restrooms and restocks paper & soap supplies.
- Performs routine maintenance to custodial equipment and supplies.
- Empties trash receptacles and bags trash bags for proper disposal.
- Locks doors after cleaning areas.
- Ensure proper care in the use of maintenance of equipment and supplies;
- Reports problems or any other issues to the supervisor.
- Performs limited grounds keeping to the facilities.
- Assist in conducting 5-S audits and with 5-S audit recommendation resolution.
- Change light bulbs as directed.
- Pick up materials from suppliers.
- Provide production support as directed
- Education/Experience: High School diploma, GED or equivalent.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Read, write, understand, follow and enforce safety procedures.
- Operate vacuums, buffers, and other related equipment.
- Lift and manipulate heavy objects up to 50 pounds.
- Understand the key elements of a 5-S program.