Hawkins Personnel Group is currently hiring a Maintenance Technician for a large manufacture of high pressure and temperature process equipment. Technician will maintain production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment. Completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locate sources of problems by observing and testing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments; analyzing test results, machine error messages and information obtained from operators.
- Clean, lubricate and adjust parts, equipment and machinery. Disassemble machinery and remove defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, hand a power tools.
- Examine parts for defects such as breakage and excessive wear; determine changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers and other measuring instruments.
- Operate newly repaired machinery and equipment to verify the adequacy of repairs.
- Control downtime by informing production management and workers of routine maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Independently carry out routine and preventative maintenance tasks.
- Ability to prioritize work activities and willingness to change/adapt to meet changing production requirements and priorities.
- Fabricate repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Maintain equipment, parts and supply inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipate needed equipment, parts and supplies; place and expedite orders, verify receipt.
- Conserve maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provide mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests. Prepare mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
Qualifications and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required. An Associates Degrees in mechanical, electrical or industrial maintenance preferred.
- Must have good organizational and communication skills and ability to work well with co-workers, external and internal customers.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; use basic hand held measuring tools.
- Good understanding of the repair and maintenance of hydraulic systems, electric motor repair, diesel and gas motors, forklifts, hydraulic press brakes and shears, lathes, welding machines and metal forming equipment in general.
- Must have good computer skills