• Ensure that all equipment is kept in proper working order
• Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
• Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
• Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
• Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
• Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
• Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Follows safety policies and procedures for the department
• Adept at identifying machine faults or building hazard to initiate repairs and adjustment
• Follow quality service standards and comply with procedures, rules and regulations
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to troubleshoot electrical drives and motors, pneumatic systems, and various mechanical & electrical systems.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or Five years or more of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, electrical blueprints, and procedure manuals.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must obtain Forklift license.
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS Ability to get along with others. Must maintain good attendance and attention to details.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.