The Maintenance Technician will conduct machine set up, troubleshoot equipment failures, and perform repair and prevent maintenance services ensuring that all safety procedures are being followed. The candidate will have good hands on working knowledge of all aspects of electrical controls, mechanical assembly, plumbing, and heating, ventilating and air conditioning related control systems. Candidate will be able to read and interpret electrical control and mechanical assembly drawings, as well as service manuals for all equipment. Candidate will be required to Troubleshoot and Repair both Electrical and Mechanical Problems associated with Production and Facility related Equipment, in a timely manner. Must be able to work under pressure to repair equipment back to service during emergency breakdowns
The Maintenance Technician position is responsible for performing preventative and corrective maintenance on the production and company facilities. The hours are M-F, 8 hour shifts. Some weekend work required to complete PMs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be proficient in motor controls and relay logic.
- Must be proficient in developing and troubleshooting PLC’s.
- Must be proficient in production line automation.
- Must have a strong background working with electrical meters.
- Must be proficient in N.E.C. codes.
- Must have the ability to read electrical schematics and blueprints.
- Must have an excellent mechanical background.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Prefer an associate degree or a certificate in electronics.
- Prefer an Electrical Journeyman’s License
- Must have 3 - 5 years of experience in food production environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to work off shifts.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- May need to fill in as shift supervisor in their absence.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Work involves daily exposure to unusual elements, such as dirt, dust, fumes, darkness, and/or noise. Seasonal exposure to weather elements to include, but not limited to, extreme temperatures, wetness and humidity.
- Work environment involves daily exposure to physical risks, such as working around mechanical equipment, forklifts, chemical hazards, and electrical hazards.
- Position requires the ability to stand; walking around office and plant; lifting and carrying packages up to 50 pounds; utilizing fine dexterity; and reaching, kneeling, crawling and twisting on a daily basis. Also requires the ability to see; hear; and communicate with associates as well as others by utilizing professional etiquette.