We are currently hiring a Manufacturing Painter who will be responsible for painting complex parts as specified by layout, work order or blue prints using appropriate equipment. This position is located on the North West part of San Antonio and we are needing to hire as soon as possible.
Essential Job Functions
- Prepare, clean, and mask parts prior to painting.
- Knowledge of surface peculiarities and types of paint required for different applications.
- Prepares surfaces using sandpaper, steel wool or acid solution so that paint adheres to surface.
- Coats surfaces with paint, lacquer, epoxy, resin or other material.
- Removes paint using paint removers or scrappers.
- Ability to use various paint application devices, such as HVLP gun.
- Clean and maintain painting equipment.
- Use basic packaging processes.
- Appropriately labels items as required or instructed.
- Education/Experience: High School diploma, GED or equivalent and 2+ years experience painting.
- Ability to read, write and interpret documents, operating maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to properly complete required paperwork.
- Quality orientated and good communication skills are required.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to work safely and maintain a clean environment.
On Bus Route / Paid Weekly / M-F 3:45 pm to Mid-Night / Temp to Hire Position