Hawkins Personnel Group is currently hiring a Material Handler for a large manufacture of high pressure and temperature process equipment. Material Handler will safely operates gasoline, liquefied gas or electric powered industrial trucks. They will be equipped with lifting devices such as forklift, boom, scoop, lift beam, swivel hook, fork grapple, clamps, elevating platform or trailer hitch to push, pull, lift, stack, and tier. They will also move products, equipment or materials.
- Adheres to all safety rules and uses proper personal protective equipment.
- Reports unsafe hazards or conditions.
- Moves levers and presses pedals to drive truck and control movement of lifting apparatus.
- Positions forks, lifting platform or other lifting device under, over or around loaded pallets, skis, boxes, products and materials or hooks tow trucks to trailer hitch and transport load to designated area.
- Unloads and stacks materials by raising and lowering lifting device.
- Inventories materials on the production floor and supplies workers with material as needed within parameters of material control system.
- Weighs materials or products and records weight on tags, labels or actual materials.
- Loads or unloads materials onto or off of pallets, skids, lifting device or delivery vehicles.
- Fills fuel tank or replaces liquefied gas tank.
- Counts inventory as part of regular schedule.
- Fills out cycle count reports and submits to Planning and/or Accounting.
Qualifications and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must have good math skills, be able to use a calculator for conversion purposes and read a tape measure well.
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions with minimal supervision.
- Previous fork lift certification/license desired but not required.