The Production Operator is a “Hands on” Production position, reporting to the Production Supervisor, with direct responsibilities to insure Safety, Quality, and Production requirements are meeting our customers’ expectations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Safe operation of the production equipment in various production positions as assigned by the Supervisor.
• Reports to his Supervisor and proactively involves himself in identifying the defects in the manufacturing of the product and efficiently eliminates the root cause.
• Production Operators assist with set up, product and process equipment changeovers.
• Data collection and reporting into HMI’s and or Production based computer programs such as SAP.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
• Willing and able to work in all areas of production.
? Vinyl Plastisol Compounding (mixing)
? Plastisol Cast Coating / Lamination (Plastisol line)
? Rotogravure Printing / Embossing (Print line)
? Top Coat Mix
? Inspection – Visual Inspection Tables
? Re-reel and packing
• Familiarity with HMI (Touch Screen) Operation.
• Experience in batch weight, web handling processes an advantage
• MS Word, Excel, SAP and E-mail
• Understanding environmental regulations and company procedures
• Willing and able to work all shifts. At the needs of the company this could include an evening and or graveyard shift.
• Willing and able to move between one or more of the core processes at the discretion and or needs directed by the shift Supervisor.
• Willing and able to work overtime and weekends when required.
• High school diploma or GED
• Technical diploma is an advantage
Minimum 2 years of experience in manufacturing, a medium to large automotive, chemical, textile, plastics, or other fast paced high volume manufacturing environment is a plus.
• Works on the production floor 100% of the scheduled shift.
• Standing and or walking 90% of the scheduled shift
• Lifting, pulling, pushing, climbing, bending, stepping over and other physical efforts are normal working conditions.
• Must be willing and physically able to lift up to 45lbs repeatedly throughout the shift
• Works with chemicals and solvents
• Climate conditions are not controlled. I.E. heating and or cooling inside the plant.
• Standard work week, but additionally will often work evening, weekends, and overtime hours to accommodate activities
• PPE – Such as Steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, hard hats, hearing protection, heat resistant sleeves Etc. can be required to wear depending on working assignment.
Mon. - Fri. ( 7am -3:30pm) 30min lunch