JOB DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
• Follow all plant safety procedures and use all applicable personal protective equipment (PPE). Hold other team members accountable to follow all safety procedures.
• Operate all machinery required following safety guidelines; machinery can include benders, rollformers, wrappers, slitters, shears, forklifts, and other machines as assigned.
• Follow all setup procedures and work instructions as documented in the Operations System.
• Complete all quality checks as documented; make adjustments and re-produce product as needed to provide accurate and damage-free product to the Customer.
• Complete all daily orders in assigned area.
• Meet or exceed area’s goals including safety, productivity, scrap, on-time delivery and accuracy.
• Perform daily operator preventive maintenance checks, as assigned.
• Report all machinery issues to Maintenance promptly.
• Clean and reset work area at the end of each shift, including but not limited to sweeping the floor, placing items in the proper storage area, stacking pallets, restocking packaging, and dumping trash.
• Accurately update all records and visual tracking, whether written or electronic (e.g., coil footage, cover sheets)
• Cross-train as directed and be willing to work at any production position in the plant, on an as needed basis.
• Participate in monthly inventory.
• Complete all other tasks as required or assigned by the immediate supervisor and/or upper management.
• Current CSMI Certification on Crane and Forklift (if applicable).
• Completion of all required training as documented in the CSMI Technical Advancement Program for desired work task.
• Demonstrate Professional and Transversal competency levels as documented in the CSMI Technical Advancement Program.
• Must be willing to master the ability to operate assigned task and cross-train in at least two additional work tasks.
• Have excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
• Be helpful, follow procedures, learn quickly, and be customer and detail oriented.
• Demonstrated support of company goals, values and mission statement.
• A continuous improvement mindset with ability to verbalize ideas for process and work flow improvements
• Self-starter with High School diploma or equivalent.
• Ability to read a tape measure, do basic mathematical calculations and use a calculator.
• Ability to learn production operations.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time and to lift 75 pounds.
• Ability to twist, bend and reach to perform job duties.
• Ability to work while being exposed to outside weather conditions; extreme cold and extreme heat.
• Follow procedures and utilize appropriate Personal Protective Equipment.
• Ability to learn internal Enterprise Resource Planning System.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel preferred.
• Be willing to work various shifts.
1. 1 year manufacturing experience
2. 6 month longevity on the job
3. HS or GED
4. Ability to read/speak/write English
Ability to pass:
1) 10 panel Drug Screen
2) Physical Requirements
3) Background (through a 3rd party agency)
Monday through Friday. During training we will be on 8 hour shifts – 7AM-3:30PM and 6PM- 2:30AM
We will likely start production with 10 hour shifts.
6PM – 4:30AM
Starting pay $13.15 per hour