Hawkins Personnel Group is currently hiring a Quality Control Inspector for a large manufacture of high pressure and temperature process equipment. The primary responsibility of this position is the inspection of products and processes in accordance with various codes, standards and specifications to assure compliance with quality requirements.
- Assist with hydrostatic or pneumatic pressure proof tests and become familiar with set ups and safety requirements.
- Perform dimensional and workmanship inspections in receiving, in process and final inspection areas using dimensional measuring equipment.
- Assist in the calibration of dimensional and pressure measuring devices.
- Monitor the welding operations to assure that welding procedure specifications are followed.
- Monitor welder performance qualifications to assure that welders are properly qualified to perform the welding assigned.
- Perform, with supervision, PT NDE Examinations and attain NDE Level 1 status (Interpretation of exam results not required.) through classroom and on the job training in accordance with company written practice SQP-601 and SNT-TC-1A.
- May be sent to radiation safety classes for RT NDE training
Qualifications and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent with emphasis in mathematics skills.
- Good reasoning and communication skills.
- Prior inspection or nondestructive examination experience in a related industry.
- Successful qualification in accordance with Standard Quality Procedures SQP-601, SQP-602 or SQP-603.