This is a Full Time Quality Inspector position on 1st shift. Under routine supervision, the Quality Inspector evaluates materials and products to ensure conformance to drawing requirements, Operational Method Sheets and approved Standard Operational Procedures in an ISO 9001:2008 manufacturing environment. Evaluations include dimensional, functional, cosmetic and documentation as required per applicable inspection plan.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Read, understand, and interpret engineering (blue print) drawings and associated GD&T (Geometric Dimension & Tolerances)
• Perform moderately complex dimensional and functional inspection
• Complete and maintain quality documentation such as inspection records, non- conformance reports, deviations
• Process non-conforming materials following established procedures
• Perform Statistical Process Control and Capability Studies as necessary to monitor and control processes
• Conform to all company policies and procedures
• Perform documentation evaluations
• Interface with internal departments including, Purchasing, Shipping, Receiving, Manufacturing, and Engineering
• May help assist auditors during internal and external audits
• Other duties as assigned
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written
• Strong organization skills and attention to detail
• Basic math and computer skills required
• Understand calibration fundamentals
• Experience using inspection equipment: Calipers, micrometers, height gauges, thread gauges, comparator, pin gauges, protractor, angle finder, etc.
• Working knowledge of ASTM (Association of Systems & Test Methods) standards
• Experience in an ISO 9001:2008 manufacturing environment preferred
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred
• 2-4 years experience with dimensional visual inspection of precision assembled parts; experience working in a Quality Assurance/ Quality Control capacity required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk while performing inspections. Candidates must be able to work while standing for up to 8 hours per day. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Working environment is typical of warehouse manufacturing, and laboratory environment. Working in this environment may require the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, and work boots.
If Interested, please apply online.