Hawkins Personnel Group is currently hiring a Receiving Inspector for a large manufacture of high pressure and temperature process equipment. The primary responsibility of this position is the receipt inspection of all raw materials, and sub-assemblies verifying quantity, quality and conformance to the specifications ordered to meet the Production Department’s needs.
- Review material packing slips against purchase orders to verify that the materials received match that contained on the purchase order.
- Assign a Material Traceability Code Number to each item on the purchase order that is composed of a different mill heat or lot number.
- Physically inspect all materials verifying that the heat number on the material matches that indicated on the Material Test Report and that all material thickness dimensions/surface suitability for intended use.
- Verify Material Test Report physical and chemical property values against the requirements of the material specifications to those, which they were ordered.
- Contact the material supplier and SFP Purchasing Department to resolve any issues with the materials received that prevents their use by the SFP Production Department.
Qualifications and Experience
- Associate’s Degree in Science
- 1 year experience with materials and their properties, or a High School diploma and 5 years of manufacturing facility experience and a background in the use of specifications and various dimensions instruments