Shipping/Receiving experience is required.
Monday thru Friday 7:30am -4:00 pm.
No Steel Toes required.
Send resumes to Tracey
Will report to Wade Morgan
Safety glasses will be provided. No other PPE needed
SECTION I – JOB DESCRIPTION
JOB SUMMARY: The overall purpose and general responsibilities of the job.
Is responsible for preparing and packing orders for shipment; operating manual and electronic shipping equipment; receiving materials, storing and maintaining inventory; keeping bins full for production and other support related duties as required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: The fundamental duties and tasks that define the job.
1. Verifies and pulls customer sales orders from warehouse stock.
2. Packs customer sales orders in appropriate packing material and shipping containers.
3. Prepares freight bills and other shipping documents for customer sales orders using manual and electronic equipment.
4. Calculates shipping costs based on freight requirements and customer requests.
5. Checks and verifies materials received for damage and notes on shipping documents.
6. Process mail using US postage machine on a daily basis.
7. Drives vehicle daily to pick up or deliver US mail and pickup or deliver parts to suppliers as needed.
8. Operates forklift, pallet jack and/or hand truck to move stock or material to or from shipping area or supplier’s vehicle as needed.
9. Unpacks, checks and verifies materials received against packing list and reports discrepancies.
10. Operates computer to receive materials and query part information.
11. Stocks materials in assigned bin location and observes date code requirements as well as any first in/first out requirements.
12. Participates in cycle counts for inventory purposes.
13. Follows safe working practices and properly wears personal protective equipment as required.
14. Performs related duties as assigned.
SECTION II – JOB DIMENSIONS
CONTACTS: Nature of contacts, external relationships and internal relationships.
Provides general information regarding receipt and shipping of materials and product; and information regarding inventory supplies and materials.
Internal Contacts: Frequent contact with co-workers and other employees from various departments via face-to-face or by telephone.
External Contacts: Daily contact with freight company drivers for pickup and delivery of materials and product.
RESPONSIBILITY: Supervision given, accountability, safety, budgeting, spending authority and confidentiality.
Primary responsibility is to perform shipping, receiving, stock and inventory maintenance activities.
DIFFICULTY: Judgment, initiative and decision-making.
Follows established guidelines or procedures in performing essential job functions.
GUIDANCE: Supervision received and level of independence.
Employee receives direct supervision when performing the essential job functions.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Working environment and other conditions of employment.
Working conditions are primarily in an enclosed manufacturing facility with temperatures controlled by central heat and air conditioning. Occasional exposure to solder fumes, oils and lubricants.
SECTION III - JOB REQUIREMENTS
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Minimum requirements for formal education and job related experience.
Graduation from High School or General Education Development (GED) certificate and one year related experience or an equivalent combination of education and/or related shipping/receiving experience.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES: Utilized in the performance of the essential functions of the job.
• Knowledge of and ability to perform shipping, receiving and inventory control procedures.
• Skill in performing basic mathematical calculations
• Skill in filing and organizing material.
• Skill in operating office equipment, including personal computer
• Ability to maintain records, documents and compile and organize reports
• Ability to operate postage equipment and manual and electronic shipping equipment
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing
• Ability to carry and lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis
• Ability to operate fork lift
LICENSES AND/OR CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED
Valid Texas Driver’s License
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical requirements associated with performance of the Essential Job Functions.
Physical requirements include carrying/lifting up to 50 lbs.; visual acuity, speech and hearing; hand eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to operate computer keyboard, telephone, basic office equipment, postage equipment, fork lift, pallet jack and motor vehicle; subject to carrying, lifting, twisting and reaching to perform essential job functions