You will perform a variety of routine and complex transportation work in driving and coordinating transportation plans. You will perform routine inspection and preventive maintenance on assigned equipment and refer defects or repairs to supervisor; clean equipment. Shunt drivers pick up parts and deliver them to the dock for unloading and loading. You must be proficient at backing up at a 45 degree angle and 90 degree angle.
• Requires 1 year recent Shunt Driver experience or relevant driving experience.
• Requires CDL License and Valid Driver’s License
• Requires no accidents, incidents, corrective actions within last 6 months of employment
• Requires occasionally lifting 30-50 LBS
• Requires prolonged sitting, driving
• Requires you to maintain certifications required by DOT and OSHA and company safety programs
• Requires HS Diploma or GED
• Requires Background Check
• Requires Drug Screen
• Requires Steel Toed Boots
• Requires recertification on-site (Must pass and maintain Certification)
They work a rotating shift from 6a-6p or 6p-6a rotating from day shift to night shift every two weeks. Overtime is mandatory and they usually work Monday-Saturday averaging about 50 hours a week in the busy season. The average temp to hire time is about six months to a year. They take breaks every two hours and have a 45 minute lunch. You will have access to a breakroom, on-site ATM’s, on-site Gym, Walmart Pharmacy Prescription drop off and pick up, safety incentive programs and attendance incentive programs.
Please wear your Steel Toed Boots, jeans or khaki pants (no sagging, no holes, stains or tears), and a plain white or gray short or long sleeved shirt (without logos of any kind).