JOB SUMMARY: The overall purpose and general responsibilities of the job.
Responsible for providing technical problem resolution and trouble shooting of security products to customers over the telephone; providing on-site and off-site product training; providing electronic technical support and other related duties as required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: The fundamental duties and tasks that define the job.
1. Provides technical and sales customer support services for security products over the telephone and electronically including special applications, EasyKits, competitor cross reference support, guard tour verification and access control software, etc.
2. Create a draft point to point application wiring diagram for special applications and EasyKits including confirmation of operations.
3. Help resolve product related issues including follow through to determine root causes with documentation on a resolution to prevent the price of non-conformance.
4. Reviews and works with installation instructions for new and existing products.
5. Tests and repairs electronic boards, parts, hardware and other manufactured security products using hand tools and power tools/machinery.
6. Ships product parts under warranty and for repair/lost items to customers.
7. Travels to customer’s location to install and repair security hardware products.
8. Designs demos and creates bill of material for demo products.
9. Reads and works with blue prints, process sheets, operations manuals, schematics and work orders.
10. Attends and sets-up demos for tradeshows.
11. Provides on-site and off-site product training to vendors, sales dealers, staff, etc.
12. Maintains logs and reports, such as customer phone logs and repair inventory reports.
13. Evaluates and critiques installation instructions and new products.
14. Performs related duties as assigned.
CONTACTS: Nature of contacts, external relationships and internal relationships.
Provides general and technical information to install and trouble shoot security products. Conducts product training to small and moderate sized groups. Communication is primarily through telephone, e-mail, and fax.
Internal Contacts: Frequent contact with co-workers from various departments.
External Contacts: Continuous contact over the telephone with customers, distributors and sales representatives to resolve technical problems and trouble shoot product installation.
RESPONSIBILITY: Supervision given, accountability, safety, budgeting, spending authority and confidentiality.
Primary responsibility is to provide technical and customer support services for the installation and use of security products.
DIFFICULTY: Judgment, initiative and decision-making.
Follows established guidelines and procedures in performing essential job functions.
GUIDANCE: Supervision received and level of independence.
Receives general supervision when performing essential job functions.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Working environment and other conditions of employment.
Working conditions are primarily in an office environment.
SECTION III - JOB REQUIREMENTS
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Minimum requirements for formal education and job related experience.
Associates degree in electronics and 3 years related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and/or related experience.