Hawkins Personnel Group is currently looking for a TIG welder to work for a large manufacturing company in the Austin area. TIG welder will be responsible for planning, programming and documenting for VMC’s, HMC’s and CNC Lathes using Virtual Gibbs Software.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- TIG welding on production parts using an Electron Beam Welder.
- Arc, MIG and TIG welding on all types of metals to include steel, aluminum, stainless steel and titanium.
- Cleans, grinds, and performs inspection as required to insure conformance to specifications.
- Runs small lathes and mills to fabricate own parts
- AWS certification and experience welding all materials to be welded including titanium, stainless steel and aluminum.
- Requires knowledge of basic math and ability to read blueprints and meet inspection requirements in accordance with customer specifications.
- Knowledge and experience in trouble shooting of safety, quality and technical issues with co-workers, quality and engineering functions.
- Must be willing to work in a repetitive production environment with concern for meeting cost, quality and schedule requirements.
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience.
- One year certificate from college, technical school, AS in welding or equivalent work experience preferred.
- 5+ years of TIG welding experience and TIG welding certified (Certified TIG welder, TIG Welding Certification)