Hawkins Personnel Group is looking for an experienced Tube Bender and programmer that can assume all daily responsibilities for an Eaton Leonard VB42, Eaton Leonard CBCE 25 semi-auto and Diacro bender (manual). The Tube Bender will develop and train entry level CNC operators or benders. Material used is stainless-steel in multiple diameters. Fostering communication between production and engineering will be highly important.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be able to calculate bend using CLA formula, E/E formula & determining tangents
- Review engineering documents and determine angles & bend radius and tooling required set bends
- Understanding the limitations of tool types Eaton Leonard VB42, Eaton Leonard CBCE 25 semi-auto and Diacro bender (manual)
- Determine slippage when performing manual bends
- Ability to review prints and determine where bends vs. micro-fittings would be appropriate for cost savings
- Ability to performance routine maintenance on above mentioned tools
- Ability to operate band saw, cold saw and facing tools
- Knowledge of inputs, outputs, raw materials, waste, and quality control.
- Inspecting and evaluating the quality of products.
- Talking to others to effectively convey information
- The ability to bend stretches, twist, or reach out with the body of Tube
- Must be able to work in a busy manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to solve problems quickly and independently.
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to understand and interpret specific job requirements.
- Able to use various mechanical tools and equipment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Able to read blueprints and able to build according to print.
- Good organizational skills and knowledge of equipment operation and safety of equipment such as cold saws, hand drills, deburr tooling, etc.
- The ability to quickly and repeatedly make precise adjustments in moving the controls of a machine to exact positions.
- High school diploma or equivalent experience.
- Certification a plus.
- Semiconductor experience is a plus.