Hawkins Personnel Group is currently hiring Brazers who will be working in the North East part of San Antonio. The position is temp-to-hire and the schedule will be Monday-Friday 6am-4:30pm and occasional Saturdays 6am-12pm. Please review the information below and apply immediately if interested.
- Guides torch and rod along joint of workpieces to heat to brazing temperature, melt braze alloy, and bond workpieces together.
- Cuts carbon electrodes to specified size and shape, using cutoff saw.
- Removes workpiece from fixture, using tongs, and cools workpiece, using air or water.
- Cleans joints of workpieces, using wire brush or by dipping them into cleaning solution.
- Examines seam and rebrazes defective joints or broken parts.
- Connects hoses from torch to regulator valves and cylinders of oxygen and specified fuel gas, acetylene or natural.
- Turns valves to start flow of gases, lights flame, and adjusts valves to obtain desired color and size of flame.
- Brushes flux onto joint of workpiece or dips braze rod into flux to prevent oxidation of metal.
- Aligns and secures workpieces in fixtures, jigs, or vise, using rule, square, or template.