Hours: Monday to Thursday 7am to 3:30pm & Friday 6 to 2:30pm
Pay Rate: $9.50-$11.00 Depending on Experience
- Inspects garments for defects in sewing, knitting, or finishing: Spreads garment on table or draws garment over inspection form.
- Scans garment to detect defects, such as faulty seaming, incorrect sleeve or collar setting, misaligned fasteners or trim, and variations in color of fabric.
- Examines fabric for mispicks, slubs, runs, dropped stitches, holes, or stains.
- Mark defects, using chalk, thread, tags, tape, or pins.
- Measures garment at designated places, using tape measure or following markings on table, to determine that garments conform to standard size.
- Trims excess material and thread ends from garment, using scissors, or tends trimming machine to remove excess material and loose threads.
- May inspect surgical garments and appliances, such as belts, hosiery, or knee and ankle braces, and be designated Inspector.
- May examine cut garment parts to detect inaccuracies in cutting and be designated Cutting Inspector.