Hawkins Personnel Group is seeking a Machining Associate to work for a manufacturer of tractor-mounted mowers, brush-cutters, and land-clearing equipment. Candidate will set up and operates plasma burn table (Whitney, Koike, or Messer) to cut metal parts in accordance with blue prints. Will also set up and operates conventional or CNC equipment and offsets.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Observes operation of machine and verifies conformance of machine work piece to specifications using measuring instrument
- Multi-machining, editing and simple programming required in some areas (CNC machines).
- Some machine maintenance required.
- May train other employees in set up and operation of machines.
- Lifts and positions work pieces in the machine using hoist.
- Completes all necessary documentation as required.May be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA’s):
- Ability to use fixed gauges, calipers and micro meters.
- Good shop math skills: practical application of fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions.
- Knowledge and ability to set and program various machine shop machines.
- Ability to read safety rules; instructions in the use of maintenance of shop tools and equipment; methods and procedures in mechanical drawings and layout work.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Three years Burn Table experience.