We are seeking a Mechanical Assemblers to become an integral part of a well-established manufacturing company located near downtown San Antonio! Mechanical Assemblers will be assembling large food processing machinery.
- 4+ years of experience as a mechanical/manufacturing assembler and a solid work history
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Mechanical aptitude required.
- Ability to pass a drug screen and background check
- Able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Ability to perform the physical labor necessary
- Ability to utilize hand tools repetitively with includes but not limited to twisting, turning, pushing, pulling, standing, walking, and bending. Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Read, interpret and follow basic blueprints, diagrams, engineering drawings, specifications, bills of materials, and other written instructions or procedures to accurately assemble equipment and products.
- Assembles, modifies, reworks, and/or reassembles production components utilizing drawings, pick tickets, process documentation, and/or verbal instructions.
- Knowledge of and the ability to use a variety of basic hand tools (e.g., wrenches, hammers, screwdrivers, scrappers, box cutters).
- Good measurement skills. Knowledge of and ability to apply inspection techniques (e.g., formalized inspection standards, inspection instructions, best practices) and use inspection tools efficiently. The ability to read and use micrometers, functional and cylindrical gauges, comparators, indicator setups, scales.
- Manufacturing fabrication skills, specifically equipment operations. Knowledge and ability to use torque wrenches to adjust parts and equipment, or install parts and equipment, following established specifications and procedures.
- Knowledge of how quality impacts the success of the organization including costs to customers, costs of recalls and potential costs due to negative impacts on a company's reputation. This includes taking the necessary steps to ensure quality on a consistent basis and striving for improvement.
- The ability to accomplish a task with concern for all the areas involved, including the ability to notice minute inconsistencies/faults in parts, equipment, or production processes to prevent faulty products leaving the facility.
- The ability to use computer and web-based systems to input, access, modify, or output information. Including clock in and out of work orders using manufacturing software.
- Good communication skills. The ability to write effectively, to read and understand work documents and to communicate information clearly to coworkers and supervisor. Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to operate machines. General knowledge of machines and equipment functionality, and how tools could be used on such equipment/machines. This includes the ability to learn new systems quickly, understanding how parts relate, and how they impact system functionality. The position also requires manual dexterity or the ability to work quickly with hands.
- The ability to identify problems and to assist with resolution. This also includes the ability to acquire and apply new knowledge and skills.
- Must be knowledgeable of shop math. The ability to perform simple arithmetic computations including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division correctly using whole numbers, fractions, decimals, and percentages.
Paid Weekly / On bus route
Please call 210-349-9911 for more details!