Company that designs and builds classroom furniture is looking for Sit-down & Stand Up Forklift Drivers with previous manufacturing experience. You will be asked to rotate and cross train in multiple areas of the department you are working in. You must be able to lift heavy table tops, frames, desks repeatedly throughout the day that weight up to 50lbs. The normal shifts are 7AM-3:30PM and 3:30PM-12PM. Overtime is mandatory so you must be prepared to work as early as 5AM on 1st shift and stay until 2AM on 2nd shift.
Operate powered forklift to load and unload materials and deliveries; move them to and from storage areas, loading docks, trucks and/or storage facilities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Loading and unloading goods from trailers
- Moving goods packed on pallets or in crates around the storage facility
- Stacking goods in the correct storage bays, following inventory control instructions
- Checking loads are secure
- Stacking empty pallets
- Performing daily equipment checks such as refueling the truck’s propane tank
- Removing waste material from the warehouse facility
- Examining products to verify conformance to quality standards
- Comply with company rules, regulations, and safety practices as well as any local, state, or federal job-related regulations
• Perform other related duties as assigned